For no particular reason at all, I present to you 10 things I like and 10 things I don’t. Well, I guess that’s not exactly true. The reason is because I want to write and while searching for ideas, this one interested me most today. Today I will begin with 10 things I like.
10 Things I Like
- Soup. That’s right, I’m bringing out the big guns right off the bat. Haha! But seriously, there’s just something so wonderful about a big pot of soup. My family doesn’t really agree with me on this one, so I don’t eat as much soup as I’d like to.
- Original New York Seltzer Vanilla Cream Soda. I might have a problem when it comes to this stuff. Those of you that were around in the 80’s might remember it. If you didn’t know, it’s back and I can’t get enough.
- Things that smell like coconut. Totally digging the Snowkissed Sugar lotion from Bath and Body Works right now.
- Cold Weather. I’m not the person that thrives in the summertime. I’m the one that doesn’t want to go outside for any reason when it’s hot. If I could turn on the AC and hibernate all summer, I would. Cold is relative though. What’s cold to me as a SoCal resident is not the same as many others. I don’t want snow thankyouverymuch.
- My job. I don’t do it for the money, which is good, because I don’t get a lot from it. I work when school is in session supervising elementary school kids during lunch. So it’s roughly 1.5 hours a day, 5 days a week as long as the kids are at school. Whenever it’s possible, I try to seek out the kids I see alone and talk to them or at least acknowledge them by asking if they’re doing ok. I look for the sad ones and let them know I see them and I care about them. I just want them to know that they’re not alone. I work hard to learn and remember as many names as I can and then USE their names whenever possible. I’ve given myself a challenge to learn 1 new name a week. We have over 600 students at the school. It’s impossible to know all of them. but I’m trying to learn as many as I’m able.
- Disneyland. I miss it terribly. We were passholders for quite a few years, but were priced out last year. It makes me sad that we can’t go whenever we want anymore. It was fun while it lasted though.
- Glass art. I am always drawn to beautiful glass pieces, especially if it’s clear glass infused with colors. It’s not something I collect though.
- Camping. We’ve always been tent campers, but now that we’ve become KOA members, we’re starting to take advantage of their Kamper Kabins. It’s just easier. Don’t think I’m ready to give away our tent yet though. I do enjoy tent camping still.
- My friends. My little tribe of people. I don’t have a huge friend group, but the friends I do have, I love dearly.
- And finally my family. I don’t think this one really needs an explanation does it?
I’ll be back in the next few days with the 10 things I don’t like. I know you’re anxious. It’ll be ok. Hang in there.